Window seals for Atrium Bay Window

A home owner from Las Vegas, Nevada says:

I have two (2) windows from Atrium where the seals have shrunk because of the sun.

Each window is approx 3 ft X 5 foot. I need replacement seals.

Thank you,

Greg

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 2023-06-07 15.06.48.jpg
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for writing in. There's a few possibilities. Can you remove a sample and show us the end profile dimensions? That would help a ton in narrowing down our options. The video below explains what we'll need to help you. 

A home owner from Las Vegas, Nevada says:

Attached are photos the front of the gasket appears to be 5/8ths wide back of seal 1/2 inch. The seal has shrunk in length it may have shrunk a bit ib width too. As Vegas summers are brutal.

Thank you Greg

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20230609_120229.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20230609_120427.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20230609_120511.jpg
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for getting back to me, Greg. This looks like an older type of glazing that is quite a bit thicker than anything we carry--our glazing bead is all thinner vinyl. The closest shape we have to this is our 55-029--again, it's much thinner, and I can't make any promises, but it might work as a substitute. See the dimensions below to confirm. Another possibility is a thicker window gasket, like our 59-067. It's not the same shape, and I think it might be too small, but take a look at the image below for comparison. These are our closest matches. If you try either, let me know how you make out.

Profile diagram of 55-029
Profile diagram of 55-029
Profile view of 59-067
Profile view of 59-067

Identifying Replacement Weatherstripping
Identifying Replacement Weatherstripping
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Re-screen an Andersen Window Screen [1080p]
How to Re-screen an Andersen Window Screen [1080p]
VIDEO
WATCH >
Replacing Glazing Bead and Glass in an Aluminum Window Sash
Replacing Glazing Bead and Glass in an Aluminum Window Sash
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace Vinyl Window Glazing Bead
How to Replace Vinyl Window Glazing Bead
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace Insulated Glass in an Aluminum Window with Snap-In Glazing
How to Replace Insulated Glass in an Aluminum Window with Snap-In Glazing
GUIDE
READ >
How to Replace Glazing in a Vinyl Window
How to Replace Glazing in a Vinyl Window
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.