Window slide and release to allow tilt in

A handy person from North Plainfield NJ says:
I need the top slide tab that is missing in photo 2, and I need the top slide tab and 2nd piece under it that holds the window from tilting in (as seen in photo 3).
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Photo 1.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Photo 2.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Photo 3.jpg
Profile picture of Jasmine
Jasmine from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for reaching out! It looks like you are looking to replace the internal tilt latches from your window. To determine the correct replacement solution for your window, I'll need to see the latches removed from the inside of the window. For instructions on how to remove/install these from the window, take a look at the video below.

A home owner from Massachusetts says:
Hello there ,

The internal latches n release button has been broken from few windows in our house and it doesn't lock n hold up itself when we open it up n fall on our face . What should we order as an assembly . In the video below you have shown how to change the internal assembly but we want the release lever switch on the top of the window . But your website says the actuator n lever which is confusing what should I order . Please suggest .
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_9836.png

Thanks for writing in! To determine the correct replacement for your internal latches, I'll need to see it removed from the window. Take a look at the video mentioned above for an idea on how to remove the latches from your window.

The tab at the top is referred to as both a lever and an actuator, they are interchangeable in this instance.

Once you've removed the parts from the window, please send clear photos of them and I'll be happy to take a look over them.

Let me know if you have any questions in the meantime.

A handy person from North Plainfield NJ says:
Hi- finally got around to this job. for the other person, if you slide the release lever in and use a very small screwdriver you can get under it and squeeze the feet to easily lift it out. it came out very easily.
here are my photos of the parts that I need.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20230726_202007.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20230726_202015.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20230726_202027.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named all parts.jpg

Thanks so much for that helpful insight and also for providing the photos of your latches.

I'm sorry to say that we do not carry an exact match for the type of tilt latches you are searching for. Our 26-132P looks to be the closest match however, it does not have a compatible latch lever/actuator. Therefore, I am doubtful it would work for your application.

I suggest trying the method of converting your window to one that uses a surface mounted latch. You will need to drill installation holes and will need to exercise caution doing so. You'll want to be sure not to drill to far so that you do not damage the frame or crack the glass.

Take a look at the video below for details on how to convert your window.

How to Replace an Internal Tilt Latch [1080p]
How to Replace an Internal Tilt Latch [1080p]
VIDEO
WATCH >
Replace an Internal Latch with a Surface Mounted Latch [1080p]
Replace an Internal Latch with a Surface Mounted Latch [1080p]
VIDEO
WATCH >
Styles of Tilt Window Latches
Styles of Tilt Window Latches
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.