Window spring balance parts 29B (S770)

A handy person from Oakland NJ says:
Hi,

I have a broken channel window spring balance (double hung tilted window). It's 29" long and 9/16 in width. The window was manufactured and installed by a company called DOR-WIN 24 years ago. The part looks like S770. The piece has a code "29B" on the metal. Should I be ordering the S770 29B as a replacement?

Also, there white plastic piece is broken too. It's the part which is inserted into the window frame and the spring balance is screwed and secured into it. Do you have this part?

I have included 3 images for your reference.

Regards,
Jason
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Broken spring balance.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Good spring balance.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named anchor piece and screw.jpg
Profile picture of Jasmine
Jasmine from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for reaching out! Yes, I do agree. The balance you have here is the S770-29 with a 29B Stamp.

I believe the plastic piece you are describing is the 26-200 Balance Screw Plug. Although, it would help to see the part installed to confirm that this is the part you need. Are you able to provide a photo of an undamaged piece, installed in the window frame?

Alternate image for 26-200
Alternate image for 26-200

How to install the 26-200 Screw Plug
How to install the 26-200 Screw Plug
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace a tilt-window channel balance.
How to replace a tilt-window channel balance.
VIDEO
WATCH >
Modifying the Series 795 Balance
Modifying the Series 795 Balance
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.