Window won't go up

Quick Learner from Cape Coral fl
Apr 24, 2024 8:44 am
My window is a PGT. The glass is 19 1/2 x 51. The spring is 18 inches of metal when removed I think it's a 1827. So that would be 27 pounds of glass, but I can't weigh it because I can't remove it.

I have two questions.. when I try to slide it up, it tries to tilt to one side of the other, making it very difficult so I think that's the spring?
I have included a picture of the spring can you identify and do you have the spring?
Thank you for your help.
Tom
IMG_8001
1 user uploaded images
4 Replies
Apr 24, 2024 8:48 am
I have a second window larger that's doing the same thing. It does have a number on it. It says 3245 ultra lift and JA. It looks like it is a 32 inch window and it is 51 inches wide also a PGT all aluminum window.

image image
2 user uploaded images
Lauren
Lauren from SWISCO
Apr 26, 2024 2:53 pm
SWISCO
EXPERT

Hi Tom, thank you for posting,

The first balance you show with the blue top unfortunately has been discontinued and we can no longer provide a suitable replacement option for it. 

The other balance with the white tube is a Hybrid Series 880 balance which is custom. Can we see a clearer image of the stamp? If it reads 32-45, the white tube should measure 32-1/2" long. Please confirm. 

We can provide this balance via a custom order. I would just need to know how many you need to move forward. For custom orders there is a minimum of (2). 

Let me know if you have any questions! 

Apr 26, 2024 4:54 pm
Is the 'tilting back and forth struggle because the springs are bad or something else?

Is there no substitute, replacement or ability to rebuild the first one? Or do I have to throw the window away for wanting a spring?

Yes it says 3245, I did not remove the balance to check length because I could see the stamp clearly.

Lauren
Lauren from SWISCO
Apr 29, 2024 2:18 pm
SWISCO
EXPERT

It could be a number of things. Does the window stay up when opened, just tilts to one side? It could be damage to the balance, or some sort of guide on the window sash as well as the connection point between the balance and sash.

Do you see any guides on the window that look like they keep the balance in line when opening the window? I cannot confirm from the pictures provided. 

If the balance ends up being the issue in the first window, unfortunately we cannot provide a solution due to the balance being discontinued and no alternative available. 

Products and resources found in this discussion
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.
Need help identifying your part?
Send a photo or description to our Parts Experts!
Identify Your Part
SWISCO Part Experts