Windows Don't open with newly installed S140

A quick learner says:
Weight of larger window is about 30 pounds and small window is about 27 pounds. There is one label with 13 on small window and 14 on larger window.

I installed coil spring with purchased one at right and left side of window with code S140-14. But spring coil keeps going up when set at "U" shape. It should stop when moved to some position by "c" shape, then switch to "u" shape.
A quick learner says:
Photos included
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named image4 (1) (1).jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named image2 (3).jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named image3 (2) (1).jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named image0 (13).jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named image1 (5).jpeg
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for reaching out to us. I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble with this balance, but I think I know the problem.

Though his balance system looks like our Series 140, its design is just different enough that our part is not compatible. This is due to the fact that they are made by different manufacturers. Yours specifically is made by a company called Caldwell. 

The problem is that the locking device on our Series 140 are nylon pads and yours is a kind of metal fork. The pads just aren't enough to keep the shoe locked in this particular window like the original. 

The good news is that we sell individual components that will approximate your old assembly. See our 15-191 pivot shoe, along with our 15-150D coil spring support and Series 160 coil spring. 

For the 27 lbs. sash I suggest using one S160-6 (6 pounds) and one S160-7 (7 pounds) spring on each side. For the 30 lbs. sash, I recommend using two S160-7 springs on each side. Lastly, for the pivot bar, you can use our 26-021.

These components are sold separately, not in a kit, but otherwise I believe they will function well in your window.

How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Convert a Crossbow Balance to a Channel Balance
How to Convert a Crossbow Balance to a Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace Damaged Pivot bars
How to Replace Damaged Pivot bars
VIDEO
WATCH >
Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace a window coil balance
How to replace a window coil balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
Removing a Triple Coil Window Balance
Removing a Triple Coil Window Balance
GUIDE
READ >
Modifying the Series 795 Balance
Modifying the Series 795 Balance
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.