attaching a screen to screen door my husband just built

A home owner from Weed, Calif says:
Hi, my husband just wants to use screws to attach a screen to the new screen door he just built, I want to use turn buttons to make it look nicer. The kinds that they use on mirrors, but the depth is wrong, we need a vintage looking turn button that has a 5/16 inch depth. Do you have any suggestions? Thanks much
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named DSCN9683.JPG
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Hello! Our 70-134 insert clip has a 5/16" depth. Would this work for you? This style is commonly used on older style screen and storm door inserts. Review its dimensions below and see what you think!

Detail of 70-134
Detail of 70-134

Thank you but no, I am wanting something retro/vintage looking along the lines of the old fashioned mirror clips, but we have a 5/16th depth that those don't come in.
Profile picture of Tom

I totally understand. Unfortunately when it comes to these kind of exterior clips, they tend to be more function over form. Your best bet in that case may be to see if you can purchase a similar clip in the design you like, but on the bigger side. Then you could grind it down to the size needed. It's not ideal but it may be your best option.

thank you so much, that is a good idea, we will try that, best regards , thanks for being so kind and helpful?
Profile picture of Tom

You're very welcome! Best of luck with this project, and please feel free to reach out if you had any other questions.

How to install the Swisco 70-004 pull ring
How to install the Swisco 70-004 pull ring
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.