balance for windo

A quick learner from Hudson, MA says:
I need to replace all 4 (upper and lower) balance assemblies for this Simonton window. I hope the sticker gives you the info you need to find these parts
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named simonton pivot shoe
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named simonton window sticker
Profile picture of Emily
Emily from SWISCO responded:

Hey there! Thank you for reaching out to us. Since this is a Simonton window, I recommend the 15-259 pivot shoe. This is designed to be used with the Series 159 coil springs and you'll need the 26-083 as well. The video below will detail the entire process.

Are these parts universal for left and right sides, upper and lower windows?
Profile picture of Emily

Yes, the 15-259 and 26-083 can work for either side of the window sashes. 

The 159 coil spring comes in two weights. With my model number, which do I need?
Profile picture of Emily

I'm afraid the model number of your window doesn't tell us what weight you would need. If you can weigh the window sash and tell us the precise weight, I can calculate the proper spring weights.

The window sash is 10 lbs. Also this is what the old one looks like. It's pretty different from what you suggested I order. These are no longer available?
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_3248.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_3247.jpeg
Profile picture of Emily

Given the sash weight, I would recommend using the S159-5 Coil Balance. This can hold 5.5lbs but the window will still open and close just fine. 

Yes, I do understand that the coil assembly is fairly different than your existing hardware; however, your exact pivot shoe is no longer made, unfortunately. 

In the video included above, we detail exactly how to make this conversion; other customers have confirmed with us that this has worked as a suitable replacement.

You'll need to be sure to purchase all of the recommended hardware to complete this repair. Again, they are the 15-259 shoe, 26-083 pivot bar, and the S159-5 coil balance spring. You'll also need to purchase the 15-255 Coil Single Support.

Please feel free to reach out with any other questions!

How to replace a Simonton coil balance
How to replace a Simonton coil balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
VIDEO
WATCH >
Replacing the Simonton Coil Balance
Replacing the Simonton Coil Balance
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.