balance inquiry

A quick learner says:
have a window with 2 bent balance rods with missing springs. No wheel is on the bottom. I believe it may be an S370 from your pictures, but I have some pictures for you below. Please tell me the price and when you could ship them or return me to a local Swisco shop near Parker, Brighton or Denver Colorado.Your picture 19-004 is the right one on the top with the wings on the spring side, but the bottom has no wings that stick out on the back like the top does, but has a plastic piece that extends forward. I will send you a picture to show the bottom.

Another 71" window also fell apart and it has a marking 3430 BSI AT and is measured as 35" long. I will need two of these also.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_8336.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_8339.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_8333.jpeg
Profile picture of Emily
Emily from SWISCO responded:

Thank you for contacting us! I'm afraid I can't identify your balance from these photos alone. The top fitting is a very important detail but it isn't shown here. May we see photos of yours? 

We'd also like you to measure the bottom fitting as shown below. It looks like yours may be damaged so you'll want to measure an undamaged version for an accurate size. 

Comparison of the S351 and S390 balance shoes.
Comparison of the S351 and S390 balance shoes.

A quick learner from CO 80601 says:

6 Sept 2023 Dear Emily, I appreciate your concern. One window has a balance marked 2830 BSI AT that needs 2 rods, and another stamped 3430 BSI AT that measure 1/2" wide. The top looks like your 19-004 with wings in the spring/back side and the bottom looks like either 15-001 or 15-002, but I don't see extensions rearward, but they may have broken off. 

I was unable to download my other pictures, so maybe you have an email address that I can send them to. I am on the road and will return home to measure this piece on 16 September, so no big rush and I will keep your email and measure it then. Thanks Daryl 

Profile picture of Emily

Sure if you're having trouble uploading your photos to the part identifier, you can email them to help@swisco.com with the reference number D301562.

A quick learner from CO 80601 says:
9 Sept 2023

Ref: D301562

Hi Emily,

These are the pictures for the rod stamped 2830 BSI AT. The other two that I need are stamped 3430 BSI AT. I will take a close measurement of the bottom part on 16 September when I return home and send it. Do you have an idea what 4 rods would cost?

Thanks Daryl
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_8337.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_8336.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_8335.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_8334.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_8333.jpeg
Profile picture of Emily

Thanks for getting back to me! Based on what I see in these new photos, I'd agree the Series 370 channel balance is what you want as long as the bottom fitting is non-winged and measures 1" deep. I also recommend the 3430 option for the 3430 stamped balance and the 2830 option for the 2830 stamped balance. 

Pricing can be found on the S370-35 and S370-29 store pages as well!

How to Replace a Channel Balance Attachment
How to Replace a Channel Balance Attachment
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Repair a Jammed Window
How to Repair a Jammed Window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
VIDEO
WATCH >
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
GUIDE
READ >
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
GUIDE
READ >
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.