balance replacment

A quick learner from tyngsboro says:
we have these windows in a home that was built in 1998. I can't seem to find anything like them. there is no brand or any markings on the window
The tube diameter outside to outside is 1/4"
The length is 23 1/4 "
the plastic piece on the bottom is 1"
the diameter of the spring is 1/2"

the sashes are very light
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 1.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 2.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_2982.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_2988.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_2989.jpg
Profile picture of Jasmine
Jasmine from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for writing in. These appear to be a discontinued style balance that is no longer available. The good new is, we can likely provide you with a suitable replacement.

To determine the correct replacement, you'll need to have an undamaged balance removed from the window. This will allow you to get the most accurate balance length for the replacement. I'll also need to know the exact weight of the window to determine the correct stamp.

Once I have this information, I'll be able to determine the best possible replacement.

Feel free to reach out with any questions.

They are 28" and the sashes are 14 lbs there

Thanks for confirming. You'll need the S775-28 channel balance. The option you'll need to select is the 28B & 1" shoe, for your 14lb sash.

Please let me know if there is anything else I might be able to assist with.

Will these work for both top and bottom sashes?

If both sashes have the same type of balance in them, then yes they should work for both of them. Although, I would be sure to double check the balances to confirm that the other sash needs the same length and spring strength as the balances that have been identified.

I hope this helps!

Please feel free to reach out with any other questions.

Thanks!

I'm happy to help!

Have a great evening.

How to install a S775 balance
How to install a S775 balance
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.