broken balance assembly and tilt latches on simonton double hung windows

A quick learner from virginia says:
the coil spring is broken on one window and the latch tilt is broken on three windows (6ea- 3 left and 3 right).

this is not on my house but a client of mine. I have reached out to the Simonton window company but have not received a response.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20230425_120620.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20230425_121249.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20230425_121257.jpg
Profile picture of Jasmine
Jasmine from SWISCO responded:

Hey there, thanks for posting! The pivot shoe appears to be our 15-199 . To confirm that this is the replacement you'll need, you may need to remove them from the window to properly compare the measurements.

Alternate view of 15-199
Alternate view of 15-199

These are typically compatible with our Series 160 (3/8" thick) and Series 165 (1/2" thick) Coil Springs. To confirm which series your client will need for the window, you'll need to start with measuring the thickness of the coil spring. 

Once you've confirmed the series, you'll need to check the metal coils for any stamps that might indicate the spring strength needed for each coil. If there aren't any stamps, you'll need to divide the exact sash (window) weight by the total number of coils in the window.

If you are looking to replace the tilt latches as well, I suggest starting with part 26-243 and the opposite handed version, 26-244. Look over the dimensions to confirm that these are the correct replacement.

Alternate view of 26-243
Alternate view of 26-243

Profile view of 26-243
Profile view of 26-243

The coils have 4.5 stamped on them. There's 2 on each side. Do they come as a set, top coils and bottom?

The coils are sold individually and you may also need a double support. So that means you likely have an 18lb window. Given they are stamped with a 4.5, it is likely, you'll need the S160-4. however, you'll still need to confirm the thickness of the balance to confirm exact which series you'll need.

The double support you need will also depend on the series balance you need for your window.

The coils are 1/2 in wide. I don't know the thickness. Does that mean I need the 165 series?

What about the upper balance attachment? What model number do I need for that? It measures 1 1/4 × 2 7/8.

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20230601_130437.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20230601_123851.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20230601_123859.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20230601_130423.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20230601_130437.jpg

The width and the thickness are the same measurement. Since yours is 1/2", yes you'll need the S165-4These are compatible with the 15-204 coil dual support.

Were you able to confirm the measurements for the tilt latches, shown above? If so, were they a match?

In regard to the measurements you've provided, which part are  you referring to?

How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Window Tilt Latch
How to Replace a Window Tilt Latch
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace Damaged Pivot bars
How to Replace Damaged Pivot bars
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace a window coil balance
How to replace a window coil balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
Removing a Triple Coil Window Balance
Removing a Triple Coil Window Balance
GUIDE
READ >
Styles of Tilt Window Latches
Styles of Tilt Window Latches
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.