bronze aluminum single hung window latch/lock parts

A home owner from Nokomis FL says:

photo is of original lock latch and keeper . previously different window latch broke and I bought replacement latch Barton Kramer window sash lock"355B 2 pack.The Keeper was still intact so I didn't attempt to replace it. However now that keeper did break, I threw it away and assumed the same hardware store would have the companion part. They had no clue. I called Barton Kramer and was told it locks directly into the window. Not my window. So I removed the lock latch and keeper on a companion window which has, I believe, original parts. My house was built in 1985. On your web site I saw some keepers that may work I would prefer to find the matching parts. I am thinking the mismatch may have caused the break since this does not seem like a common problem. Still I would to get some extras since shipping exceeds the part cost.

Thanks for your help.

Barbara

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Screenshot (406).png
Profile picture of Emily
Emily from SWISCO responded:

Hi, Barbara.

Thank you for reaching out to us. Before I recommend anything, can you write out the distance between the two installation holes, measured from center to center? Our selection of sash locks is quite large so that measurement will help me narrow down your options. Can you also show me a photo of the lock's tab that engages the keeper? 

2 1/4 inches on the latch and keeper
Profile picture of Emily

I recommend you take a look at the 90-009 sash lock which is compatible with the 90-109 keeper. Review the specifications and compare them with yours to see what you think. 

Thanks Emily for the info but I think that the 90-009 is the wrong lock because it looks more like the 90-086 because that has a hook on the end the other ones more solid. The 90-086 meets the specs the only thing off is the color it doesn't seem to be available in bronze. Just double checking that there's not one that is?
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_20221216_152542138.jpg
Profile picture of Emily

Based on this new photo, I agree that the 90-086 would be a closer pick. The bad news is that we don't carry this part in bronze, unfortunately. I apologize for the inconvenience. 

Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.