constant force window balance

A handy person from Hamburg, New York says:

I need all the parts for the window balance for both sides of the window

The coil looks to be copper colored

The coil material is 1/2 inch wide

The thickness of the roll when coiled its between 5/32 and 3/16 inches

It is difficult to tell the color of the brake, it has a blue tint but is not a slate blue. Its may have darkened with age or is an older style??

The window was manufactured in 2005

Thank You

Gerry

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0018.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0005.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0017.jpeg
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

Hey Gerry. This looks like a 15-177 Pivot Shoe, which uses Series 152 Coil Balances. If you need new covers for the coil springs, our 15-143, 15-144, and 15-145 components essentially 'sandwich' around the coil springs. Let me know if you have further inquiries. 

Hello

I do not see any weight stampings on my spring
Based on the information I have provided, window size and the photo what weight spring would you recommend

Thanks
Gerry
Profile picture of Bob

Hey Gerry. If there are no stamps on the old springs, the best thing to do is to give me the exact weight of the window sash the coil balances support. I can then work out exactly the spring weights you need. 

it weighs 10.8 lbs

Thank You
Profile picture of Bob

Thanks! In that case I would recommend the S152-5. This spring carries 5 pounds individually, so having one on each side will give you 10 pounds of total support. That does fall a little shy of your 10.8 pound sash, but I think it'll be okay.

The next weight up from that is the S15-6, which gives you 6 pounds of support per side and therefore a total support range of 12 pounds. I personally think that might be a little too strong but it's ultimately up to you.

How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
VIDEO
WATCH >
Removing a Triple Coil Window Balance
Removing a Triple Coil Window Balance
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.