crank mechanism for Uniframe casement window (installed 1995 by Thomas Construction)

A home owner from Ellisville, MO says:
The spindle shaft of the crank mechanism of our Uniframe garden window has failed and will not re-engage. Company(Great Lakes Window) no longer carries the part. Recommended contacting Swisco for replacement. No parts stickers on window unit. Only part numbers located were Truth (hardware?) 40575 on the window arm.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_3593.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_3594.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_3595.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_3596.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_3607.JPG
Profile picture of Jasmine
Jasmine from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for writing in! I am almost certain we can supply you with a replacement for the casement window operator you are searching for but I'll need to see a photo of the entire mechanism to be able to determine the correct replacement. I need to be able to see the shape of the arms and get an idea of what the part looks like as a whole.

Please feel free to reach out with any questions.

A home owner from Ellisville, MO says:

Please find attached requested photos.

Bob

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Truth Window Crank
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Single Arm Window Crank
Profile picture of Jasmine
Jasmine from SWISCO responded:

Hi Bob,

Thanks for the photos. Your casement operator appears to be the 39-217 Single Arm Window Crank; the opposite handed version is the 39-216. I am confident this is the correct replacement but be sure to carefully review and compare the dimensions below.

Dimensions for 39-217
Dimensions for 39-217

This operator is compatible with the 39-107 Truth Hardware Operator Cover along with the 39-114L non-folding and 39-205 folding crank handles. There is also a handle and cover kit; the 39-107FK.

Anatomy of a casement window
Anatomy of a casement window
VIDEO
WATCH >
Watch How To Repair A Casement Window Crank Operator
Watch How To Repair A Casement Window Crank Operator
VIDEO
WATCH >
SWISCO Window Operator Crank Handles
SWISCO Window Operator Crank Handles
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to identify casement and awning operators
How to identify casement and awning operators
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.