Si montón Window Balance Assembly and Tilt Latch

A handy person from Wilmington, Delaware says:
Hello. I have Simonton double hung windows that were installed in 2002 prior to my purchase of my home. The balance assemblies on 2 windows needs to be replaced (4 total) and so does the tilt latch. (4 total). I also will need a tool to be able to get the current balance assembly out of the track safety without damaging the track.

I've attached pictures of the items, however they have not been removed since I am not confident I wouldn't damage the track casing. I've also attached images of the stickers on the window in case those are helpful as well. I want to make sure that I order the right parts and any guidance on install is always appreciated. Thank you so much!
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named image.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named A5D20888-84F1-4D98-BB30-307C5B7D7D67.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 71F4EDC7-BE2F-433B-A039-53FD22BB5BF2.jpeg
Profile picture of Emily
Emily from SWISCO responded:

Hi there!

Thank you for reaching out to us. My recommendation is the 15-259 pivot shoe and Series 159 coil springs. I know it's a different design but it will still work for you. See the video below on the process. 

It looks like your window track already has cutouts so you should be able to remove your old hardware without any tools. 

For the tilt latch, see if the specifications of the 26-243 and 26-244 match up with yours.

So, although it has cutouts, they are not wide enough to remove the hardware. Is there something I can use to make the opening bigger?
Profile picture of Emily

You can try widening the cutouts a little more with a utility knife. See the video below for more information. 

The 75-069 jamb spread set is something we sell but we usually recommend them for contractors who do repairs often since they're pricey and can't be returned. 

Amazing, thanks. The last question is that looking at the items you recommend, I'm thinking that there is a part that broke off that is sticking out of the balance. I'm not sure what that would be, do you have any ideas?
Profile picture of Emily

The part you're referring to is called a pivot bar and reminds me of the 26-336. Note, this Simonton pivot bar isn't compatible with the 15-259 so you would need to purchase the 26-083

How to Remove a Pivot Shoe (Cutout Method)
How to Remove a Pivot Shoe (Cutout Method)
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace a Simonton coil balance
How to replace a Simonton coil balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Window Tilt Latch
How to Replace a Window Tilt Latch
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace Damaged Pivot bars
How to Replace Damaged Pivot bars
VIDEO
WATCH >
Swisco's 15-046 Pivot Lock Shoe
Swisco's 15-046 Pivot Lock Shoe
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to adjust a sliding glass door
How to adjust a sliding glass door
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace a window pivot bar
How to replace a window pivot bar
VIDEO
WATCH >
Replacing the Simonton Coil Balance
Replacing the Simonton Coil Balance
GUIDE
READ >
Styles of Tilt Window Latches
Styles of Tilt Window Latches
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.