double hung windows

A quick learner from Indianapolis, IN says:
I need to buy the spring and the plastic part with the hole that holds the sash to travel in the rails for this window. The windows have been in the house since 1995 and there are no markings to identify them. Thank you!
Best wishes, Rajiv
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_2790.jpg
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

Hey Rajiv. I believe you're looking for the 15-104 Caradco Friction Shoe. Just make sure your old shoe matches the dimensions shown below. Let me know if you have any questions.

Profile view of 15-104
Profile view of 15-104
Face view of 15-104
Face view of 15-104

A quick learner from Indianapolis, IN says:
Thank you Bob for the very swift response. I also need to replace the spring. Do I need to measure the length?
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

The spring is unfortunately not something that we sell. The problem with these is that the spring is part of the jamb liner, which is itself the "balance" for this window type. If your spring is broken, then you need an all new jamb liner, which we don't sell.

If this is a wood window, then your best bet is to contact a local mill work. If they still make wood windows (not always a guarantee) then they may be able to set you up with new jamb liners.

Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.