hardware on my Benchmark metal bifold doors

A quick learner from Louisville KY says:
I am replacing the hardware on my Benchmark metal bifold doors. A couple of questions. I know already that I need one pivot pin (21-002) and three top pivot/guide pin (21-044) per door. However, I also need to replace the track for two of the doors. Which part is this? And which guide pin do I need? Finally, what is the purpose of the bumper? My existing door hardware does not include these. Do I need to order these as well?

Also, do you have videos installing ghis hardware? I saw a couple of videos installing some different hardware with metal bifold doors, but not the benchmark hardware.
Profile picture of Jasmine
Jasmine from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for reaching out! The track compatible with the our 21-002 and 21-044 bi-fold door pivot pins are the 21-401, 21-402, 21-403, and 21-404. To determine which of these tracks is the one you need, you'll have to confirm the measurements for the length of the track. It would also be a good idea to confirm the other dimensions from your track.

Dimensions of the bifold track.
Dimensions of the bifold track.

Part 21-044 can be used as a top pivot or as a guide pin. If this is not the part you are referring to, I'll need to see a photo of the hardware.

In regard to the other hardware, it is typically recommended to replace the hardware with what it already installed in the door. It may be likely your doors do not need the bumper.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Bi-fold Door Repairs
Bi-fold Door Repairs
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.