heavy duty stainless steel 4 bar hinge for an awning window.

A quick learner from 96701 (Hawaii) says:

Looking for a heavy duty stainless steel 4 bar hinge for an awning window. The sash height is approx 10", the opening is approx 11.5" (see pics).

Included are 2 pics of the original hinge. The window has since been cut down in height.

Please help me identify an appropriate replacement/ substitution hinge.

Do you have an 8" or 10" 4-bar replacement hinge? Such as Product Code: 36-021HD or an 8" version.

Robin 

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_2182.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_2180.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_2184.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_2183.JPG
Profile picture of Emily
Emily from SWISCO responded:

Hi, Robin.

We do carry a 8" and 10" 4-bar replacement hinge which would be our 36-020 and 36-021. Could either of these be what you're looking for? Compare our dimensions to yours and see what you think. 

"We do carry a 8" and 10" 4-bar replacement hinge which would be our 36-020 and 36-021. Could either of these be what you're looking for? Compare our dimensions to yours and see what you think."

I think those will work. I see $18-$20 each. Is that per matching pair? How do you handle shipping also? Will they fit in a flat rate USPS box?
Profile picture of Emily

You can see the pricing for the 36-020 and 36-021 on their respective product pages. There should be a few different shipping options to choose from as well. 

I think the 8" should work. However, you have not answered the prior question. Is this for a matching left and right pair?

"Product Description
This is an 8" standard duty stainless steel four bar hinge with brass shoe. Generally used for residential projects, designed without a stop, will open to approximately 55 degrees in casement window applications. This hinge is non-handed; it can be used in either left handed or right handed applications."

The description is ambiguous. It seems to indicate singular. But it also says it is non-handed. Which seems counter intuitive. The hinge pictured would not appear to work on both sides. So it implies that 2 are included. Is that correct?
Profile picture of Emily

My apologies! The 36-020 does not come in a pair. It is indeed non-handed, meaning they work for either a left or right-handed window. Take a look at the circled part in the image below. What you would do is flip that a full 180 degrees to be able to use it for the desired left or right hand side. I hope this helps.

circled
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.