help with sliding glass patio door parts, please

A home owner from South Carolina, USA says:

Our door has no manufacturer info. It is a generic sliding glass vinyl patio door, 60" wide, with one door stationary and the other sliding, left hand slides when viewed from outside the home. We need help with a couple of parts. (1) At the top end face edge of the stationary door where it is beside the sliding door, there is a gap between the two doors only at the top. We need something that plugs that gap to prevent air/bug/frogs/whatever from getting in. I saw your part 80-042 vinyl patio door draft plug, but that didn't seem exactly right. I wondered if you have a part which will work for our exact problem. (2) What part do you sell that will help secure the stationary door in the track so no one outside can lift it from the track to break in. There is presently a simple metal bracket at the end edge at the bottom of our stationary door, but the screws are in plain view and can be removed by anyone with a screwdriver from outside the home. (3) From inside the home, our sliding door has a nice handle one can grasp to open and shut the door, but the outside only has a cup (skinny rectangle to stick your fingers in to pull or push -- a horrible design that most sliders have). Is there such a thing as a handle that is on the outside too rather than a cup? We'd like to open the door without wedging our fingers in a little rectangle. (4) I saw 6' sliding door tracks, and 6' sliding door track covers. Our track is loose and I'm wondering whether I need the cover or a new track. Please advise. I tried calling you this morning, but the person said I had to submit questions on this form, that no one would help on the phone.

Sorry, appears to be white aluminum, not vinyl door.

See the frog nearby? Things bigger than him can get in where I circled in blue. The other photo shows the problem from inside the home.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named sliding glass door inside where frog can get in (2
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named sliding glass door with frog (2).jpg
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:

Hello,

Thank you for your patience as we looked into this for you. Unfortunately, we were not able to locate your exact patio door part used to fill in the gap at the top of the door. With that being said, take a look at the draft plugs and top guides used on patio doors that we've related on this page to see if you could adapt any of them to fit your door.

We also offer a selection of secondary security parts for sliding glass doors, which you can find here.

As for your handle set, we may be able to help but we would need to see photos of both handles, confirm the distance between the installation hole centers, and see the lock in the center of the door.

As for the track, we can't be sure if it needs to be replaced based on your description. If it is loose due to missing or stripped screws used to secure it to the threshold, you may just need new screws. We generally recommend the 80-102 when the rail has general wear and tear. If it is starting to split from the base or if there is a large amount of damage, replacing the entire track may be necessary. Thank you. 

HI, I sent this four days ago to experts@swisco.com and am hoping for a reply.

I need a few patio stationary door fasteners that keep the door secure in the frame. Photos of my current one attached. Below is the shape of the piece. A to B is about 1" B to C is about 11/16". C to D is about 7/16".

A -------- B
-
-
C --- D
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named sliding glass door bracket for stationary door 1.j
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named sliding glass door bracket for stationary door 2.j
Match up my last message with the diagram attached. I labeled A B C D

Thanks
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named sliding glass door with lables.jpg
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:

We did carry your stationary door clip at one time but, unforutnately, it is no longer available. With that being said, take a look at the 80-003 to see if you might be able to adapt this to work for your door. Also, look over the 82-059 and the 80-059 angled clips. These clips are installed at the top and bottom of the front end of the stationary door. Review the specifications shown on our product pages and see what you think. 

How to install a sliding glass door track cover
How to install a sliding glass door track cover
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Patio Sliding Glass Door Roller [1080p]
How to Replace a Patio Sliding Glass Door Roller [1080p]
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Sliding Glass Door Track
How to Replace a Sliding Glass Door Track
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to maintain a sliding glass door
How to maintain a sliding glass door
GUIDE
READ >
How to replace a sliding glass door roller
How to replace a sliding glass door roller
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.