info

A home owner says:
No markings on any of the parts, unknown maker of the metal bi-fold door. Removed pin not knowing pics needed before removal. Pin in pics is 5 1/4" long x 1/4" diameter. Spring and cotter pin were on it. Plastic gasket in bottom and top of door holes (may be nylinders?) No plastic cap on top of pin when removed. Need recommendation on replacement parts (Leigh?)
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 1- Right side Metal door.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 2-door top.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 3-top track view from front.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 4-Inside view.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 5-Hinge pin.jpg
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:

You indeed have an old Leigh bi-fold door. The pin you are showing is the top pivot pin. There should be a bottom threaded pin like the 21-062 for the door adjustment. The other two pins will be the top and bottom spring-loaded guide pins, the 21-058. You are correct on the cylinders, the 21-150 act as bushings for the pins to slide through the door holes.

A home owner says:
Probably should have been more specific. The pin to be replaced is the top pivot pin on the right side door. Should I get the 21-054 or the 21-058 and do I need 2 new nylinders? Also, need info on how to install the new pin considering it is somewhat boxed in (see pic, looking from the bottom up).
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20230925_123039.jpg
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for getting back to us. I believe you can use the 21-054 and two 21-150 nylinders on your door. You might have to knock off the top nylon cap to fit in the track bracket, though, so keep that in mind. 

First, install the two nylinders in the door hole openings. Fit the spring in the door cut out and push up the pin through the holes and spring with the hole for the cotter pin near the top. Place the cotter pin through the pinhole with the spring below it. When you do that, you're putting spring tension on the pin to lock in the top track bracket.

Hopefully that works out. Let me know how it goes!

Bi-fold Door Repairs
Bi-fold Door Repairs
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.