is this a problem with the track?

A quick learner from San Diego, CA says:
Hi again!
Sorry, this is a question. This is a sizeable window.
What needs to be repaired to get the top of the window to come close enough to be caught by the latch / lock assembly?
Thank you!!
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named gaping window.jpeg
Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:

Hello,

I can't be sure without being there to troubleshoot the problem but my first thought is that the hinges that attach the top and bottom of the sash to the window jamb may need to be replaced. Take a look and if you agree, we'll need to see photos of your original hinge to confirm our best replacement option. Thank you! 

Thank you so much, Casey!
I was afraid you were going to say that!
I looked through your hinge selection and didn't find anything exactly like this one. I've attached a couple of photos with measurements to show what I've got. Also, the window opens the full 90 degrees.
Thanks again for your help!
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named bottom of window- top of hinge labelled.png
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Bottom of windo- bottom of hinge.png
Profile picture of Casey

Thanks for getting back to us. It looks like you have four-bar hinges similar to the 36-022HD, which also has a 12" base. Just let us know if you have any other questions. 

Dimensions for 36-022HD
Dimensions for 36-022HD

Thank you, Casey!
Profile picture of Casey

We're happy to help! Just let us know if you need anything else. 

Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.