jalousie window crank

A home owner from Fanwood, NJ says:

Hi I have this half jalousie window door on my florida room and it has this built in jalouise hand crank square assembly built into the door that no longer works.

I cannot figure out how to easily remove it without destroying it but the issue it is what product do i replace it with when I do remove it. I cannot see who the manufacturer of the door is.

Thanks.

Cal

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named P1030143.JPG
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Hello! This jalousie crank mechanism appears to match our 39-050. Look this part over and see how well it compares to the original.

As for removal, you will first need to disconnect it from the linkage first. That may be very simple or very annoying depending on how its connected, exactly. If you're lucky, it's just a clip connecting it to the rest of the linkage. Otherwise you may need to drill out a rivet. I'm afraid I can't say for sure what's ahead of you, so you may want to consult the help of a local professional to do it for you.

Dimensions for 39-050
Dimensions for 39-050

Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.