lock handle

A home owner from Los Angeles, CA says:
I have a similar issue, lock handle to an Anderson casement window, fibrex from 2014, just snapped off. I was ready to order 39-291, but the shape seems different for left and right side. The lock handle we need is on the left side of the window. Here is a photo of the remaining handle and the opening for the missing handle.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named image.png
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for reaching out to us. The 39-291 handle is designed to work for both the left or right hand side interchangeably. To my knowledge, they don't make these in left or right hand specific versions. Can you verify? Would it also be possible to see the old handle itself, in undamaged condition?

Thanks Tom, I guess the same handle works L/R, so that would be fine. Unfortunately, it snapped off as we were leaving on vacation and I haven't been able to find where I put the old handle. I am resending the original photo, cropped to show the lever. So I will go ahead and order 39-291 from you. Thanks for taking the time to respond for such a minor issue. Hopefully I can just reattach it, without having to purchase the full locking mechanism itself.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Anderson lock handle.png
Profile picture of Tom

Sure thing! I am very confident that the 39-291 can work for both sides, so as long as the overall design is the same then you should be good to go.

If the internal lock mechanism does end up being broken, please let me know. We sell those too and I'd be happy to assist, should it come to that. Otherwise I'm here to answer any other questions you may have.

Will do Tom, thanks for your help. I placed the order with SWISCO, and hopefully it is an easy fix!
Profile picture of Tom

I appreciate it! Your business means a lot.

Best of luck on this project and please feel free to reach out if you needed anything else.

Anatomy of a casement window
Anatomy of a casement window
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.