lock and keeper won't line up

A handy person from Kentucky says:
I ordered sets of locks and keepers because we had old locks and keepers that were sticky and wouldn't close correctly. I replaced all of the locks and keepers with this product and it worked great on all of the other windows! I'm having trouble with this lock and keeper not lining up. I've cleaned the tracks, disconnected the channel and cleaned it, reattached it and have made sure that the boot is in correctly. I'm out of ideas for how to fix this without having to call someone to replace the entire window. It's almost like the keeper needs to be higher to catch the lock. Any suggestions?? Thank you in advance!
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named lock and keeper.jpeg
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:

Hello,

If your window is "double hung", make sure your top sash is set into the head of the main frame of the window. Another problem could be that the top sash is bowed or it "smiles". This is not an easy fix without removing the sash. 

I'd suggest using the 90-058 keeper shim. You will need to adapt the holes in the shim because its hole centers are at 2-1/16", whereas your keeper looks closer to 2-1/4". I would drill out the holes in the shim making them a little larger to make up for the difference. I believe this should help you lock your window.

Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.