missing unknown hardware

A quick learner from anaheim says:
I have rented a house with windows that slide up and down. I'm not sure if that is what is called double-hung style. The label on the latch hardware on top is "certainteed". One window which is 14" high (outer dim. of height) is missing ALL hardware that keeps in place. The design is such that the frame is just barely the same or larger than the width of the moving part. So that darn thing simply falls out with any disturbance and it certainly will not stay up. I have added three pictures of the dysfunctional unit and two pictures of the bottom and top of another one which is working OK. Please see if you can help identify what hardware to insert to stabilize this. I can get more pictures if needed. Your help is much appreciated.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named functional fm bottom.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named functional fm top.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Dysfunctional window frame.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Dysfunctional window side.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Dysfunctional window.jpg
Profile picture of Jasmine
Jasmine from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for writing in! It sounds like the hardware missing from the window is the channel balances that help to support the weight of the window. Can you confirm that this is the hardware missing from the window?

Please let me know if you have any questions in the meantime.

How to Replace a Top Sash Guide [1080p]
How to Replace a Top Sash Guide [1080p]
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.