need help

A quick learner says:
Hello,
I need a replacement operator. The current one is a truth 45251 split arm operator. I can't find anything the same lengths.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named image2 (7).jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named image4.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named image3 (4).jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named image0 (25).jpeg
Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:

Hello,

Your operator looks like an older version of the 39-171 and 39-172 depending on how the dimensions compare to yours. If your link arm is shorter, you have two options. You could move your sash bracket to compensate for the difference in arm length or swap the arms altogether. This can be done by drilling out the new and old link arms, then installing the old arm on the new operator using our 62-014 rivet. To install this rivet, you'd have to hammer it in; I recommend doing it over a metal plate if you have one. Review these options and see what you think. Thank you! 

Dimensions for 39-171
Dimensions for 39-171

A quick learner from Connecticut says:
I have the same situation with the Swisco 39-187, where my old link arm is only about 4-1/2", compared to your part's 5". It's too long, and my window won't close.
A Swisco rep tells me I can drill out the rivets in both the old and new operator, and use the old link arm on the new operator.
But the rivet he recommended (62-014) looks way too big. How will the window even close? Won't it get in the way?
Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:

We have recommended the 62-014 rivet to replace the link arm for various Truth operators and we have never had a customer report that it was too big. With that being said, take a look at the image below and feel free to get back to us with the exact dimensions needed for your application if you're still concerned. Thank you. 

Dimensions for 62-014
Dimensions for 62-014

Connecting a casement window operator to stud bracket
Connecting a casement window operator to stud bracket
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a casement window
Anatomy of a casement window
VIDEO
WATCH >
Watch How To Repair A Casement Window Crank Operator
Watch How To Repair A Casement Window Crank Operator
VIDEO
WATCH >
SWISCO Window Operator Crank Handles
SWISCO Window Operator Crank Handles
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to identify casement and awning operators
How to identify casement and awning operators
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.