need help

A quick learner says:
please help identify this part.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_20230727_141316977.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_20230727_141339920.jpg
Profile picture of Jasmine
Jasmine from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for reaching out! The part you are searching for is the window hinge for a casement window. There is a chance that we can supply you with the replacement window hinges you need but there is a bit more information I'll need to confirm.

To start, so that we can narrow down the possible replacements, I'll need to know the length of the sill track shown in your second photo (the part not connected to the window).

Please let me know if you have any questions in the meantime.

A quick learner from Edinboro,PA says:
The piece is 14 inches as far as we can tell since the window is put partially back together.

I understand. So, to determine the right replacement, you will need to compare the measurements from your hinge to those shown in our diagram. There is a chance that it will not be an exact match, so you'll need to determine which of these may be the closest in measurement.

Keep in mind that you may need to drill new holes to install them. Though you should be carefully not to drill too far into the frame, if this is the case. You don't want to drill into the glass or damaged the frame.

Also, you would need to change both the top and bottom hinges to ensure the window continues to function properly. These can be used for both the left and right sides of the window.

Dimensions for 36-004-14
Dimensions for 36-004-14

Dimensions for 36-049
Dimensions for 36-049

A quick learner from Edinboro,PA says:
The piece is the 36-049 hinge.It is the right side looking out from inside. Do I have to orderboth side to get it right or only the broken hinge set?

As explained, this hinge set can work for both the left and the right side of the window. However, you would need to replace both of the hinges on that particular window so that the hinges will match. Otherwise, the window may not function properly.

These hinges are only sold in sets. So if you need to replace both sides of the window, you'll need to purchase (2) sets.

I hope this helps.

Please let me know if there is anything else I might be able to assist with.

Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.