need lock for jeld-wen vinyl gass sliding door

A quick learner says:

I am missing the lock mechanism for the glass slider I purchased 7 years ago. There are no markings on the door like a serial number or model number. I need a lock mechanism for a Jed-Wen door sent to me Please call me 

Profile picture of Emily
Emily from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for reaching out to us. Would it be possible for us to see a photo of the mortise lock cut out in the door? It'd also be helpful if we could see a photo of the handle set. That should help with our search. 

A quick learner says:

Hopefully you can provide us with the lock. Thanks, Marilyn 

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named image.jpg
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:

It looks like the original mortise lock might have been the 82-218. However, because your door is damaged, you might need to use the 82-227 mortise with a face plate though I can't make any guarantees it will work. I recommend you check to see if there is a steel channel inside the doorstile. Some doors have this steel channel to keep the vinyl rigid. If your door does have this steel channel you should be able to drill and install two screws to install the 82-227

If there is no steel channel then you should be able to use two small molly bolts purchased from a local hardware store in your area. Take note that when installing the mortise lock, make sure the activator and key tail line up with the keyhole in the mortise lock. Due to the damage to the door, you may want to contact a local professional or hardware store for assistance in the repair process.

A quick learner says:

Please send us both the 82-218 and 82-227. Please invoice me. Thanks Marilyn 

Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:

Our department doesn't process orders. However, you can place an order for these parts right on our website or by phone at (888) 991-1929.

How to install a Legacy Handle Set
How to install a Legacy Handle Set
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to install the 82-218 Mortise Lock
How to install the 82-218 Mortise Lock
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Sliding Glass Door Latch Lever
How to Replace a Sliding Glass Door Latch Lever
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Install a Key Lock on a Patio Door
How to Install a Key Lock on a Patio Door
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to maintain a sliding glass door
How to maintain a sliding glass door
GUIDE
READ >
Legacy Patio Door Handles, Locks & Spindles
Legacy Patio Door Handles, Locks & Spindles
GUIDE
READ >
How to install the 80-006 sliding glass door security bar
How to install the 80-006 sliding glass door security bar
GUIDE
READ >
How to replace a sliding glass door roller
How to replace a sliding glass door roller
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.