patio door rollers

A quick learner from Myrtle Beach, SC says:

I submitted previous photos about this project. I ordered 4 - part # 84-106.

I replaced the rollers at the top of the door easily.

These pictures are for the rollers on the bottom of the door. they seem to be different than the top rollers. There are screws on the edge of the door, but they can't be turned. The roller on the left side cannot turn at all. The one shown now has the strap showing as broken.

Any ideas?

I appreciate the prior help and anything you can to help me with this.

Don 

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_20230828_151020091.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_20230828_151250865.jpg
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:

Hello!

I'd like to see the side edge of the door where you say there appears to be an adjustment screw. In the meantime, take a look at the 84-006 roller with the pin. This roller is held in place with the pin that goes through the screen groove in the door and uses a side screw adjustment. Take a look to see if this could be the roller you have. You're welcome to send us some more photos if you want us to take a look to see if this is the roller you have.

Dave- thanks for your prompt reply.

I thought that I had attached this photo to the file - sorry.

It shows the corner that "fell apart" when we moved the door.

It shows that there is no adjustment screw that goes through the spring. And the two screws in the side that I thought may be an adjustment screw.

Any thoughts?

Don 

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_20230828_155511265_BURST000_COVER (4).jpg

Looking at the corrosion at the corner of your patio screen door, it appears that you could have the die cast 95-020 patio screen door corner with the 84-142 wheel. I recommend you use some type of spray lubricant like a WD-40 to loosen up the old corner. Note that it might take a few days for the lubricant to work. I'm also wondering if you should replace your corner with the 84-026 if it will fit your door frame. This corner is made of aluminum and might hold up better when dealing with corrosion.

Thank you for the reply.

Since I am only at he beach for a few weeks a year, I ran out of time. I had to have someone do it for me. It looks like that is the unit that they installed. He also put reinforcement corners on the door. It works perfectly.

I appreciate your help.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_20230901_093719157_HDR.jpg

Great, I'm so glad to hear you found a working solution. Please let us know if you have any future hardware questions or repairs and we'd be happy to help. 

How to repair a spring roller on a sliding screen door
How to repair a spring roller on a sliding screen door
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Screen Door Corner and Roller [1080p]
How to Replace a Screen Door Corner and Roller [1080p]
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Sliding Screen Door Roller [1080p]
How to Replace a Sliding Screen Door Roller [1080p]
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.