pivot bar doesnt fit int S140

A quick learner from CA says:
The rounded end pivot bar 2 7/8 doesn't fit into the S140-10 single coil quilt tilt. The original one that I am replacing has a flat head,
Profile picture of Emily
Emily from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for reaching out to us. Can you upload some photos of your original undamaged pivot bar? That will allow us to narrow down some options. 

Hi Emily,
This Steve guy said he'd send my pictures to you. I hope he did.
I sent a picture of my new Series 140. The photo is of the right side S140-10. Note it is too wide to slide up into the track allow the shoe enough clearance to fit in.

{My message to the Help department on June 5}:
I bought six S140-10s three left and three right. All of the right S140-10s are too wide. When inserted into to the window channel opening will only side up about an inch. There is no clearance for the shoe if the coil won't move up. Is there a method to make it work?
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Millie Carr pivot bar.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named MillieCarr 140.jpg
Profile picture of Emily

Thanks for getting back to me! I suspect you bought the wrong hardware for your repair. Can you remove the original pivot shoe from the window and show us some photos? 

Customers like the Series 140 because it's already assembled but this will not work for you if it's not the original hardware your window was designed to use. 

The left S140-10 fits perfectly into the track. So it is the correct part for the window. Strange the coil on the left side one is silver and the right side coil has a gold cast.

Also one of the S140 parts I bought has a fused support cover and it can not be removed. Please send me a replacement.

As for the the pivot bar another rep has assured me the rounded bar will fit into the shoe and the 415 is compatible.

Profile picture of Emily

The S140 may technically fit in the track but that doesn't mean it's the correct part. If the S140 is what your window used originally, it should have fit into the track without an issue. I only say this because you mentioned it was too wide to slide up into the track. Just something to keep in mind. 

However, I'm not sure what you mean by the cover being "fused". May we see some photos of that? 

Hi Emily,

So glad to have you help me with the problem.

The photo I was able to send is of the
right S140-10 that the support cover is fuse and can't be remove. I need a new one and I will be happy to send this one back to you.

And the left and the right S140-10 that I received. As you can see the right coil is wider. That is why it won't slide up the track and allow the shoe enough clearence to fit into the track.

Millie
Profile picture of Emily

Thanks for getting back to me, Millie! I'm afraid your photos didn't come through. I'm sorry about that! Can you try re-uploading them here for me? 

Emily

I believe the S140-10 is the right hardware. The left side fits perfectly, sliding in easily.

Please help me by sending me 3 right sides to replace the ones that are too wide. I will send u back the ones I have.
Attached are images of both the old part and the new

This is the new left S140-10. It fits fine.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG-2996.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG-2997.jpg
Profile picture of Emily

Thanks, Millie! It indeed appears you have an older version of the Series 140. The parts you ordered have the same 1-1/4" width so we think the cut-out on the right side may be smaller than the one on the left. That would explain why you're having trouble getting it into the track. See the video below on the cutout method and see if widening the cutout a bit helps. 

A quick learner from Iselin NJ says:

Hi i have same issue, i ordered the 10lb coil balance left and right side.

My original coil came with window is 8lb as shown in old coil image.

I ordered the new coil 10lb as shown in image as new coil.

Both image exactly same as previously uploaded by CA customer and i just copied in this message.

Only the issue is upon replacement of old assembly with new one pivot bar is want work. Existing pivot bar has t shaped head and it want turn while installing the window into shoes. I learned the hard way that i need to change the pivot bar in order to window to be fit into shoes.Needs your help to know which pivot bar is best work for your coil assembly. in order to successful installation coil assembly with shoes and matching pivot bar all needs to replace same time.Will you please suggest me correct pivot bar which match with your 140 series 10lb coil balance shoe assembly.so i can order asap.

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named old coil.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named new coil.jpg
Profile picture of Emily

I'm not sure why your old pivot bar won't work with the Series 140. It should've if your old hardware is identical to the S140. The 26-398, 26-405, and 26-454 pivot bars are compatible with this part. You'll have to carefully compare the specifications with yours to see how they align. You only need one hole placement to match up with your old one in order for it to work. 

Note that if your old balance was stamped with the number 8, you'd want the S140-8, not the S140-10

How to Remove a Pivot Shoe (Cutout Method)
How to Remove a Pivot Shoe (Cutout Method)
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace a window pivot bar
How to replace a window pivot bar
VIDEO
WATCH >
Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace Damaged Pivot bars
How to Replace Damaged Pivot bars
VIDEO
WATCH >
Removing a Triple Coil Window Balance
Removing a Triple Coil Window Balance
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.