replacement awning window operator

A quick learner from Deer Isle Maine says:
From what I can tell, the measurements you give for the 39-012 are essentially the same as my operator that died.

My concern is the connection of the operator arm to the awning window movement system: In my case there was a screw assembly shown in pictures which had a female internal threads (and smooth OD tube to fit thru the holes in the two arms and 'wings' that had been bent to hold the tube in place and not be pulled through the holes when a screw was tightened.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named screw side of connection from crank arm to awning
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named female side of connection from crank arm to awning
Just to be clearer, I hope, I am mainly interested in what I can use for connecting the crank arm to the window movement actuator.
Thanks
Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:

Hello,

I can't be sure but the hole in your link arm that connects to the internal window linkage looks smaller than the 3/8" hole in the 39-012 arm. I would recommend taking a look at the 39-025 operator below, which includes a 10-24 thread bushing. Review the specifications below and see if this might be a better replacement option for your window. Thank you! 

Dimensions for 39-025
Dimensions for 39-025

View of the offset of 39-025
View of the offset of 39-025

Hi Casey,
Thanks very much for the suggestion which sounds very good ('the 39-025 operator below, which includes a 10-24 thread bushing'). I am not sure I follow the geometry and function of the bushing? Is the bushing a cylinder which attaches to one arm and and slides in to the other arm hole? Is the bushing internally threaded to 10-24? Is there a plastic piece needed to make sure all parts slide? Basically it is unclear to me how the actuator and the window movement arms are connected.....
Thanks again,

Bruce

ps - is it ok totalk directly at some point or are there other drawings?
pps - If the 39-012 has a more proper length arm is there a way to couple it to the window arm
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:

I agree that the 39-025 operator that Casey mentioned should work for your window. As for attaching the arm to the window linkage, the 39-025 has a threaded sector that protrudes from the end of the link arm. It also comes with an attachment screw. However, you will need to purchase the 33-206 nylon bushing to fill the gap in the window linkage. So there is no need for a "shoulder" screw. Take a look at the related video below that will show you how it is attached. 

How to Replace an Awning Window Operator [1080p]
How to Replace an Awning Window Operator [1080p]
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to identify casement and awning operators
How to identify casement and awning operators
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.