replacement part for old bay window

A home owner from Amherst,Ohio says:
Ipurchased a bay window in 1989!! and now the crank part works,BUT the thin vinyl piece that goes between the crank and the crank hardware snapped and I have to hold it in to close window...since it is so old, do not know manufacurer and the company I bought from, has gone out of business I think - can not locate them. All my local suppliers can not help me, perhaps you can or I shall just keep doing what doing...
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:

Hello,

We'd be happy to look into this for you but we would need to see some photos of the operator crank and the vinyl piece on the window that you referred to. Make sure to open the window as far as you can so that the arms that move the sash are fully visible. From there, we should have a better idea if we would be able to supply the parts that you need. Thank you. 

I sent you the photos of my needs, on another email...Did you receive it? or do I need to add to this email to get reply????
Thx,
Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:

Unforutnately, I do not see any other messages from your email address. If you could submit your photos directly to this thread, we can go from there. 

here are the photos........hope you got them this time.......Attn: Casey.....

here are the photos you asked for, finally got photos.

THX

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Tom Op1.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Tom Op2.JPG
Profile picture of Casey

We did receive your photos showing the damaged base of your casement operator. I can't be sure of the correct replacement without seeing a clear top-down photo of the arms that connect to the sash but your base has a rear-mounted design similar to the 39-090 or 39-188. The determining factor would be how the dimensions and arm orientation compare to yours. If neither is a match, feel free to get back to us with photos of the arms with the screen removed and we can go from there. 

Alternate measurement of arm

Dimensions for 39-090
Dimensions for 39-090

Attn: Casey

Here are 2 more photos of the window ,1 more to follow!! hope these help!!?!?!?

THX

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Tom Op1.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Tom Op2.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Tom Op3.JPG
Profile picture of Casey

It looks like the orientation of the base arm matches our 39-188 operator. As long as the base is the only damaged part and the dimensions below match up to yours, you should be good to go.

Yes the only broken part is the part between the crank and the window hardware - so shall I order the part you think is right for me or can you just send and bill me??????
Profile picture of Casey

The only part that appears to be visibly broken in your photo is part of the housing, which, unforutnately, is not sold separately so the entire operator would need to be replaced. We are also not able to process orders through this thread but you are welcome to purchase the 39-188 directly on our website or by giving our customer service team a call at (888) 991-1929.

HI!
I got the replacement parts today for my very old bay window, hope can get replaced, not handy person, but video seems simple, if I were a handy man,that is...wish me luck....you should put instructions in with the replacement parts vs going to this vodeo.
I can not do what it suggests, it is bay window, no casement to remove!!??? so just remove screws attached to under windows and with crank? how do I get crank mechanism out between window frame and outside to replace mechanism!??!?!?? or am i just being stupid?
Profile picture of Casey

Based on what is shown in your photos, you should be able to remove the screws holding the back of the operator base to the window frame. Then, detach the operator link arm from the sash stud bracket so that you can pull the entire assembly inside the house. 

Yes I got it installed yesterday - just took some brain power and few tools-mainly screw drivers and some sweat!!! but all installed..Did have to replace 1 screw, but at least it works and do not have to manually hold the crank in to close or open! YEAH!!! and thank you,
Tom
Profile picture of Casey

That's great to hear! Just let us know if you have any other hardware questions. 

I will....and thank everyone on your expert team (especially you, Casey!!!)for all their efforts to get my issue resolved!!! really appreciate it! Happy Fall!
Watch How To Repair A Casement Window Crank Operator
Watch How To Repair A Casement Window Crank Operator
VIDEO
WATCH >
Connecting a casement window operator to stud bracket
Connecting a casement window operator to stud bracket
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a casement window
Anatomy of a casement window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to identify casement and awning operators
How to identify casement and awning operators
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.