replacement weatherseal

A home owner from 80401 says:
Hello,

The weatherseal I'm trying to match comes from a window with an aluminum frame - vintage 1970's. There are no marking on the window frames or the existing weatherseal that I can see. It's a piece that fits on the outside and brushes up against a sliding window panel to keep the weather out. It's not a glazing piece that holds the glass in the frame. The dimensions are shown in the photos. A pretty close match is your Capitol Weatherseal Product Code: 58-177, but I wonder if you have something a little closer.

Best,

Joe
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_1189.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_1190.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_1203.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_1204.jpg
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

Hey Joe. I would say the 58-177 is indeed our best match. Look over the end profile dimensions. If the size of the bulb and the kerf seem close, then I think it might work for you. 

Identifying Replacement Weatherstripping
Identifying Replacement Weatherstripping
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.