roto operator 1880270

A quick learner says:
Andersen roof roto operator
Profile picture of Emily
Emily from SWISCO responded:

Hello!

According to our records, this operator is no longer being made. However, we do sell the 39-390 which past customers said have worked. In each case, we've been told that it takes a certain amount of handiwork to install, due to the differences between the old and new operators. If you are not handy yourself then I would recommend having a local professional do the job for you, as it takes altering the shape of the sill. Take a look and see what you think. 

A home owner from Michigan says:
I had the Anderson roto operator 1880270 that cannot be found. I bought the 39-390 and had a welder cut and shorten the arms to match the Anderson operator's length; additionally, I shortened the bar to match the width of the glass-pac myself with a hacksaw.

I installed the modified 39-390 and had success. However, its important that you mount the bar with the "keepers" faced down so the pressure from the cranking does not burst through the "keeper" and brake the glass-pap in the skylight.

You will not be able to open the window much more than 3" or so since the weight of the window is heavy for this new operator. But, its now ventilating!
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_3679.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_3681.jpg
How to identify casement and awning operators
How to identify casement and awning operators
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.