shoe for the 39-453 model

A quick learner from NYC says:
Is there a way to detach the arms from the shoe for the 39-453 model? Trying to remove the whole operator since the crank and worm gear broke. Since the window opening is only a couple inches, its too hard for me to remove the track. I live in an apartment so i cant go outside and uninstall.
Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:

Hello,

To detach the 39-453 arm attachments, you can start by looking for a cut-out in the sash track that you could slide the shoe out of. If there isn't a cutout, you could possibly slide the shoe out of the end of the track. Once the arms are detached from the window sash, you'll need to remove the installation screws from the base and slide the entire assembly inside through the cutout in the sill trim. Thank you. 

A quick learner from NYC says:
Unfortunately there is no cut out and im not too sure how to slide the shoes off from the end of track since theres 2 arms. Do you have some sort of install or uninstall guide for this dual arm awning operator?
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named C5302E6B-59C2-47BE-8E88-EA025F3716F0.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 72DD6A53-17BB-40AF-A22E-5C2ADC4C3E52.jpeg
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:

I believe that you will need to remove the track to release the operator's shoes from the window. Normally the track is in two sections. If you unscrew just one of the tracks you should be able to slide out both pivot shoes.

How to identify casement and awning operators
How to identify casement and awning operators
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.