Only engraving I can see is :
Canadian patent 919213
and

Patent # 3596954

door level and latch is about 40+ years old
Profile picture of Lauren
Lauren from SWISCO responded:

Thank you for posting,

Unfortunately we are not able to cross reference the information provided. To further review, we will need to see pictures of the original latch and lock used on the door. From there we can get a better idea if we can assist with replacements. Thank you! 

A home owner from Buffalo, NY says:
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20231102_134558.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20231102_134705 (2).jpg

Thank you,

To move forward, are you able to confirm the distance between the installation holes from center to center of the handle set? 

Please also provide additional pictures of the mortise lock where we can see the front facing view. Thank you! 

A home owner from Buffalo, NY says:

Dear Swisco:

I believe you can help me find a replacement for this door handle that has lever to lock sliding patio door in place. In the one picture with black handle, you can see the lever that goes up and down to unlock or lock latch to other side of sliding door frame. The other pictures show the latch first in place and two other pics that show it outside ( removed) The lever in black handle locks and unlocks this device to other side of door frame.

The patio sliding door is approx 40 years old and there are no markings that identify model or make.

All I can share with you is engraved numbers on latch that read:

canadian patent # 919213 and

patent # 3396954

I am not sure the patent numbers are of any help to you but hoping that a simple replacement for door handle with lever and metal latch itself that I share in pics we can come up with a replacement.

Thanks for your help in this matter and I look forward to hearing from you.

Douglas 

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20231108_115528.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20231108_115512.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20231108_115456.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20231108_115445.jpg

Hi Douglas,

Please start by reviewing the 82-244 mortise lock and keeper. Compare the overall dimensions to your original to confirm a good fit! 

Dimensions for 82-244
Dimensions for 82-244

You handle set resembles the 82-033 which has a 3-15/16" installation hole spacing from center to center. Please review and compare to determine a good match. Let us know what you you think and if you have any additional questions. 

Alternate image for 82-033
Alternate image for 82-033

How to install the Swisco 82-033 Handle Set
How to install the Swisco 82-033 Handle Set
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to maintain a sliding glass door
How to maintain a sliding glass door
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.