storm door lock key

A home owner from Medina Ohio says:
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

I'm afraid I don't know what it is you need. I'd be happy to check our inventory for a possible replacement key lock, but I will need clear photos of the original handle set and mortise (if you had one) in order to make a recommendation. Please let me know if that would be possible.

Hi Tom, I'm Joe, I just purchased the home and the storm door key I guess was lost.
All I need a key blank so that the locksmith can cut a new key. It's a Emtek 322 lock.

Thanks
Profile picture of Tom

Hey, Joe, thanks for clarifying. The Emtek 322 handle and its related components are unfortunately not made anymore. All we carry is a handle set that works as a reasonable substitute: our 40-049.

Now, we do sell a key blank that works with this product, which is our 40-900. However I've never personally used it on the old Emtek and am not sure how well it would work. Any time I encounter the old set I just replace it entirely.

Sorry we couldn't offer the specific hardware you're looking for! I think the 40-900 is at least worth considering, I just can't guarantee that it will work.

Hi Tom, I'll take a chance on purchasing a couple of key blanks first to see if the locksmith can do something with them, if they can't how about the complete lockset itself, will it fit into that Emtek handle? I'm not worried about installations I'm a retired carpenter and have installed many many locksets.

Profile picture of Tom

Oh sure, I have had a ton of success using the 40-049 to replace the old Emtek 322. You could expect to maybe have to redrill a hole, but that isn't even always necessary if you're lucky. I find it to be a great fit.

Can the blanks be shipped to me first and if that doesn't work we'll go from there.
Profile picture of Tom

Sure, you can purchase these in any order you wish. All orders can be placed directly on our site at your convenience.

How to install the Swisco 40-049 Mortise lock set.
How to install the Swisco 40-049 Mortise lock set.
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to flip a storm door mortise latch.
How to flip a storm door mortise latch.
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.