swisco lock set for sliding door

A quick learner says:
Hello, recently purchased a swisco key lock and door handle after watching this video, https://www.swisco.com/videos/view111. I have a sliding door unsure of type and brand of the sliding door set, doesn't have a key lock and wanted to install one after watching that video,just want to be certain that those items I purchased after referencing the video will allow me to have a key lock for my sliding door.
Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:

Hello,

I can confirm that the 82-035 handle set and 82-315 key lock are compatible with each other but that does not necessarily guarantee that they will work for your repair. We would need to see photos of your original handle set and confirm if your hole spacing matches the 3-15/16" measurement of the 82-035 to confirm if these parts would be your best replacement option. Thank you. 

A quick learner says:
I just checked the spacing from the middle of the top screw to the middle of the bottom screw and its roughly 4 inches which is close to 3 and 15/16...if I follow the steps in that video it should allow me to have a lock for sliding door then right...
Profile picture of Casey

We would still need to see photos of your original hardware to confirm but as long your dimensions match the ones shown on our product pages and your mortise lock is compatible with the new hardware, then you should be good to go. 

A quick learner says:
Ok I have attached photos I think I may need to change the mortise, would any mortise work?
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 4D0514AD-031D-4AB7-BD93-1A71FE550DDC.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 9088F00D-EE42-44F2-B554-DD1C19AD0A19.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named DBC0877C-C683-4BD2-821C-96B8E93296C6.jpeg
Profile picture of Casey

Thanks for getting back to us with photos. Your original handle set looks closer to the style of the 82-030 but the 82-035 and 82-315 should work just fine. 

As for your mortise lock and keeper, take a look and compare the dimensions of the 82-265 and 82-269 to your parts. Thanks for posting! 

A quick learner says:
I see, so I will need to change the mortise and keeper to complete the set right? thanks.
Profile picture of Casey

You should only need to replace the parts that are broken, though you are welcome to replace all of them at once to reduce the chance of more parts breaking in the near future. 

A quick learner says:
Just to confirm, I don't need to change the mortise and keeper and they should be compatible with the new items from Swisco based on images, no items are broken. Purchased these items to add key lock to sliding door.
Profile picture of Casey

If the mortise lock and keeper are fine, there's no need to replace them. I only mentioned our recommendations for those parts because you mentioned that you may need to change the mortise as well. 

A quick learner says:
I just connected the lock to the new lock to the mortise to see if the mortise would open and it doesnt..Do i need to replace the mortise?
A quick learner says:
I just connected the lock to the new lock to the mortise to see if the mortise would open and it doesnt..Do i need to replace the mortise? UPdate....it does lock when its closed, but my indoor latch doesnt fit any more because the outdoor latch has taken its space.
Profile picture of Casey
I'm not sure what the problem is based on your description but, in many cases, the spindle of the 82-315 key lock needs to be cut down to size to match the length of the original so that it doesn't interfere with the internal thumb latch. Take a look at our video below to confirm if this might be part of the problem. 
How to Install a Key Lock on a Patio Door
How to Install a Key Lock on a Patio Door
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to adjust a sliding glass door
How to adjust a sliding glass door
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to maintain a sliding glass door
How to maintain a sliding glass door
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.