tappered end channel ballance

A quick learner from Freeport fL says:
I have replaced several of my Window channel balances previously but when I ordered my most recent one it had a squared off end vs the tapered channel that is currently installed in windows.
If one side is tapered, install is still easy but when both sides are squared off you have to force it together and hope it slide in the slot. I was able to make it work on a 34 inch balance but now need a 28" for a different window

I am confident I Need a replacement 28" Series 795 Channel Balance S795-28 (28D) but the picture shows the scared off end. Is a tapered end similar to the attached picture available ?

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named SWISCO Tappered end.jpg
Profile picture of Jasmine
Jasmine from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for writing in! Your balance channel is not longer made, unfortunately. Our S795-28 would be the best possible replacement for your existing channel balance. The shoe made for your balance has a 1/2" thickness, as should the balance channel. Our shoes and channels have those same measurements.

When installing these are you inserting them so that it is at a 90 degree angle and the T-shape is parallel to the window frame. If not, this may help with an easier installation. Take a look at the video below, starting at the 3 minute and 13 second mark for a visual depiction of what I've described above. 

I hope this helps!

How to Install a T-Lock Shoe on a Channel Balance
How to Install a T-Lock Shoe on a Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Convert a Crossbow Balance to a Channel Balance
How to Convert a Crossbow Balance to a Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to install the 26-200 Screw Plug
How to install the 26-200 Screw Plug
VIDEO
WATCH >
Modifying the Series 795 Balance
Modifying the Series 795 Balance
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.