weatherstripping

A home owner from Whitestone, NY says:
the weatherstripping we think was destroyed by squirrels. Trying to find a replacement. We cannot find any numbers of model numbers etc. Windows installed along time ago. Can you help us find a replacement? Thank you.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20231223_082705.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20231223_082721.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20231223_083354.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20231223_083406.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20231223_083435.jpg
Profile picture of Jasmine
Jasmine from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for posting! There is a chance that we can supply you with the replacement bubble seal weatherstripping you need. However, to identify the best possible replacement, I'll need to see a clearer photo of the end profile of it. It is a difficult to make out the shape of the seal from the photo because it is a bit blurred. 

It might also be helpful to cut a small piece of the end off so that we can get a better idea of its shape.

Please feel free to reach out with any questions in the meantime.

A home owner from Whitestone, NY says:
hope these help
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20231228_092147.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20231228_092154.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20231228_092217.jpg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Hello there! Jasmine's out this week, but I'll do my best to assist you.

Reviewing these photos, I have good news and bad news. The good news is that I'm very familiar with this seal and have had it come across my desk countless times in the past. The bad news is that it's not made anymore and we don't have a 100% verified alternative.

The only possible replacement option we have at this time is our 58-170B foam filled weatherseal. The design is a little different but the size is more or less the same, and it fulfills the same role. The problem is that I've had mixed reports from customers who've tried it out. Some tell me it installed perfectly fine, others told me that the kerf was too small and it ended up being too loose to work properly. It seems to be a coin flip based on the window.

I can't tell you for sure that the 58-170B will work for you, but I think it's at least worth considering. With that in mind, I've taken the liberty of emailing you a special order link that would allow you to add a free sample to your cart. You may then checkout as if it were a normal order; all you have to pay for is shipping, the sample itself costs nothing.

You don't have to order this sample if you don't want to, of course, but it'll be an easier solution than buying a full length only to find out it doesn't work. Hopefully it goes some small way towards helping you finish this project.

Please feel free to reach out if you had any other questions and I'll do my best to assist. I don't know of any alternatives to the 58-170B in the worst case scenario, but we can cross that bridge if and when we get there.

Identifying Replacement Weatherstripping
Identifying Replacement Weatherstripping
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.