window balance

A home owner from New Hampshire says:
I am looking for a replacement window balance and am hoping you can help. The window is a Norco (jen-weld) D series double hung, model JEL-N-315. The metal portion of the balance measures an odd 30 11/16". It is imprinted with "28 RB". It was broken before I took it off, so the internals fell apart as I took it out - hence the spring and a few other broken parts are not inside the track any longer.

I have lots more pictures if needed, but this only let me upload 5. If need be I do have a functional balance on the other side that will need to be replaced, but I have yet to remove it so that the window at least is marginally functional. Thanks for your help.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named PXL_20230703_135820355.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named PXL_20230703_135943262.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named PXL_20230703_170556196.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named PXL_20230703_170606340.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named PXL_20230703_170621549.jpg
Profile picture of Jasmine
Jasmine from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for reaching out! Your channel balance appears to be the S751-29 balance with a knife lock shoe. I am unable to cross-reference the stamp from your balances, unfortunately. You'll need to obtain the exact weight of your sash and then use that weight to select the stamp from the chart below the product description.

Also, your balance appears to have the 19-029 short s-clip attached to the top.

A home owner from New Hampshire says:
thanks, I'll order two sets - but just to confirm, I should get the 29" long one? I had measured the metal part length at 30 11/16". Thanks.
Profile picture of Jasmine
Jasmine from SWISCO responded:

I would suggest double checking the length of the metal channel. If it is still 30-11/16", this will likely need to be a custom order balance. 

Given that your balances are stamped with a 28R, I am assuming that it is likely 29".

Please let me know if there is anything else I can assist with.

How to install a ribbed tilt channel balance with knife lock shoe
How to install a ribbed tilt channel balance with knife lock shoe
VIDEO
WATCH >
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.