window balances photos

A handy person from Oklahoma City says:
These are 29" in length, and the numbers are shown. they are 1/2" units.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 2820 and 28C stamps
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named wingless bottom shoe
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named wingless top fitting
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named full  length combo.jpg
Profile picture of Emily
Emily from SWISCO responded:

Hello!

Our S351-29 and S390-29 come to mind. The difference between the Series is the depth of the bottom shoe so you'll have to measure as shown below. However, the balances shown here should have the same stamp if they're in the same window. Can you confirm?

If they are indeed from the same window, we will need you to weigh the window sash and tell us the precise weight. That will allow us to determine the proper stamp option for your replacements. 

Comparison of the S351 and S390 balance shoes.
Comparison of the S351 and S390 balance shoes.

Hello:
Thank you for your email.
Mine measures 1.195" which is between 1 1/8" and 1 1/4"

they are from different windows but those windows all look to be the same size, but I can weigh one.
Profile picture of Emily

I'm afraid we don't have a shoe with this depth. The closest option we have is the 15-003 which is 1-3/16" deep and would require a custom order. I know this isn't ideal but it is the best we can offer. Let me know what you think along with the confirmed sash weights and we can work from there. 

Alternate view of 15-003
Alternate view of 15-003

Hello again:
I am thinking this slight difference of about 1/16" is not going to be significant in the functioning of the balances. so I am leaning towards the S390-29 - are these in stock?

If we did the special order, (1) do they cost a lot more? and (2) how long would it take?
Profile picture of Emily

Yes, the S390-29 is presently in stock. As for the custom order, the price would be $12.47 per balance. Please note that custom orders are nonrefundable as well. 

OK then I would like to order S390-29, for 20 (twenty) lb. windows. I have 6 windows so I need 12 balances.

Profile picture of Emily

Great! You can place an order for the S390-29 with the 2830 stamp option on our website at your convenience. A pair of balances with this stamp will support a sash weighing 16 to 23 pounds.

Hello:
turns out we have 2 balances that are 26". but the 2830 stamp is not listed. should I select 2780? the windows might be a bit lighter but not much.
Profile picture of Emily

The 26" balances should have a different stamp printed on the metal channel since it's a different length than your 29" balances. You would want to select the same stamp number on the old balance for your replacements.

Let me know if you have any other questions!

I don't have them, unfortunately
Profile picture of Emily

In that case, you must weigh the window sash on a scale to determine the proper stamp option. There's a chart under the product description on the S390-26 store page that you can use as a reference for what option to select based on the sash weight. 

How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Repair a Jammed Window
How to Repair a Jammed Window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Channel Balance Attachment
How to Replace a Channel Balance Attachment
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
GUIDE
READ >
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
GUIDE
READ >
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.