window crank handle

A home owner from Benecia, CA says:

This handle is stripped. It is on an old kitchen garden window with no manufacturer on it that I can find. There is an old label that is partially legible if that might help. Can you supply a replacement?

Thank you

Sherrill

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_1811.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_1812.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_1813.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_1814.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_1815.jpeg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Hi, Sherrill. I think we can help but I'd like a bit more information. First, can you measure the hole diameter as carefully and precisely as you can and then tell me what you get? Can you also show me a photo of the operator where this handle installs? That information would be a huge help! Thank you!

Hi Tom and thank you!

The hole diameter is 3/8"

The total diameter of that part of the handle is 5/8"

I had found an Anderson handle that had mostly all the same dimensions EXCEPT it was 7/8" (instead of the 5/8") and consequently won't fit.

Photos are sent.Handle is located on the center stile of the window near the top and opens the very top part of the window.

I have also sent a photo of the nearly illegible label on the window. I cannot make sense of it but perhaps it will give you a clue. I assume the window was installed when the house was built in 1986 if that info is of any use.

Sherrill
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_1818.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_1817.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_1803.jpeg
Profile picture of Tom

Thanks! Looks like an older style garden window. These aren't too common anymore so that explains why your handle looked so old. I think the best option in our inventory is the 39-104. This has a 3/8" hole diameter and is commonly used as a replacement on operators like our 39-026 or 39-011 (random examples, there are tons of others like this).

I unfortunately can't measure the outer diameter of the base. We're all working from home due to the health crisis and I don't have access to our inventory. I know that confirmation would have been nice to have but it is not something I can provide at the moment. I apologize for the inconvenience. That said, I do think our 39-104 is worth considering.

Thank you for your help! I will order one today.
Profile picture of Tom

That's very kind of you, thank you! Please let me know how it works out or if you run into any issues.

Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.