window frame closure and lock

A home owner from utah says:
This would be a new install.
I have 4 swing out windows but no handle to push them out and bring them back in. I would like a rounded handle for the window frame itself and then a separate lock to keep the window closed. But I don't know what is available. There is a gap between the closed window frame and the interior window frame. The handle locks I have seen don't allow for a gap like that. And maybe I can only get a combined handle and lock??? Can you help me?
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Pod swing out window.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named closed a gap to link.jpg
Profile picture of Jasmine
Jasmine from SWISCO responded:

Hey there,

Thanks for reaching out to us! There is a chance that we may be able to provide you with solution for converting your window to one that uses a lock and an operator but I cannot make any guarantees, especially since this is a new application. 

I'm going to have one of our senior experts take a look and see if there is a recommendation we can suggest for you. We'll reach out as soon as more information is available.

Please feel free to reach out with any other questions you might have in the meantime.

Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:

Hello,

I'm not sure why this window did not come with a lock or handle to secure the sash closed. However, take a look at the 38-064 and 38-065 locking handle as a possible solution. These cam locks are used on hopper type windows similar to the one in your photo.

Alternate image for 38-064
Alternate image for 38-064

Alternate view of 38-064 Cam handle lock with dimensions
Alternate view of 38-064 Cam handle lock with dimensions

Looking at the second photo it appears that you might have a place below the line shown to install the cam locks. However you might need to add some washers under the base of the lock to clear the lip on the main frame of the window to lock the sash. 

Also take note you don't want to damage the frame or break the glass when drilling for the installation screws. You might want to get a professional familiar with windows to do the installation.

Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.