window latch help.

A handy person from Tampa, Florida says:
I am trying to find replacement latches. There are two moving latches in this one part. The latch on the bottom or foreground releases the window from the frame and the window will tilt in to the room.
The top latch is what you slide to raise and lower the window.
I was unable to find a name or number anywhere on the window. Tomorrow during daylight I will search all the window frames again for a number but I cannot find one with a flashlight so I am not very hopeful.
Home was built in 2001 Tampa, Florida.

Thank you for your help!
David
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named window latch.jpeg
Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:

Hello,

Take a look and compare the dimensions of our 26-394 to yours. Please note that ours does not have the same nite lock shown at the top of your latch, which is no longer available. Thanks for posting! 

Dimensions for 26-394
Dimensions for 26-394

The measurements line up correctly. If the latch works for locking the up and down how does it prevent the window from tilting in? If this works for both that is great and I will order 2 to test and make sure before ordering replacements for other windows.

Thank you so much!
Profile picture of Casey

I'm sorry for the confusion. Our tilt latch does not have a lock to prevent the window from going up and down. It is only used to keep the window sash in the frame and to tilt the sash inward for cleaning. 

Have you any idea of a manufacturer that designed windows like this around 2000-2001? Where we might look. I have scoured the internet and am not finding anything.

Do you think the tilt latch alone would work to lock the window into the frame without up down lock being included? If so worst case we buy a track lock for the window. It's Florida so windows are really only open if power is knocker out.

Thank you
Profile picture of Casey

Unfortunately, we have no way of knowing who manufactured your window but our tilt latch should work for you as long as the dimensions match up to yours. It just won't function as a lock. 

Replace an Internal Latch with a Surface Mounted Latch [1080p]
Replace an Internal Latch with a Surface Mounted Latch [1080p]
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
Styles of Tilt Window Latches
Styles of Tilt Window Latches
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.