windows not latching

A home owner from USA says:
Wondering if you can help me with a window problem? I have some older certainteed vinyl replacement windows installed in our house. Some of them won
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:
Looks like some of your question got cut off so I'm not 100% sure what the problem is. That said, it could be that you need the shim the keeper out. That is a common issue. I don't know what kind of lock your window uses (Certainteed has used many different kinds) but our 90-058 might do the trick. Check out its dimensions and see if that's what you need.
A home owner says:
Dave the issue is that the two,latches do not match up. The inner window is higher than the inner window by about 1/4 inch. Not all my windows are like this. just some of them.
Thanks
Tom
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
I think I know the problem. You might have the older model Certainteed window which could be marine glazed. This means that the frame wraps around the glass and the corners are screwed together. Check the top and bottom rail of the sash. One problem this kind of window has after years of use is that the rails pull off the glass. This causes the locks to not line up, exactly how you describe. The solution is to remove the sash, take it apart, and reinstall the glass in frame.
A home owner says:
Thanks Paul I will do
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.