door opening mechanism needed

A home owner from Delran, NJ says:
I am remodeling a kitchen. There is a 32" wide door which leads into the den. The current plan requires two 1 3/8" thick X 16" wide slabs, one hinged on the right and the other on the left side of the opening.

The problem is that both doors must be opened to allow most people to go through. Many years ago I saw a similar split door arrangement that had a single door knob on each side. Turning and pushing or pulling the knob opened both doors at the same time. In other words, moving one door moved the other automatically. I need the hardware that will accomplish this.

Do you sell something like that? If not, do you know anybody who does?

User submitted a photo of bi-fold door hardware.
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:
Hey, Bob. I'm not sure how much help we can be, but we do carry a bifold-type closet door track that may interest you. You pull the knob where both doors are hinged together and both doors push to one side. See our 23-504 kit and let me know what you think.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)