Tall metal bifold door repair

A quick learner from Waukesha WI says:
Hi, I have recently purchased a property with tall metal bifold doors and when the previous owner removed them they either lost or damage the hardware. I have salvage an example and need help. What products should I purchase and what else I might need to reinstall them. If you have any tips or tricks on how to do it would also be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
Adrienne
door repair
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
I believe you have the Old Peachtree bi-fold door, which used a 5/16" thick pin. Can you confirm? If so, remove the door from the track see if you have a square hole cut out where the pins fit into the door. You should be able to use the new style bi-fold pins if this is the case.

Before you buy anything, I would first confirm that all the tracks there are in good condition. If not, the new pins won't work. If the tracks are fine, then I will recommend one 21-030 bottom threaded pivot pin, one 21-029 top pivot pin and two 21-028 guide pins. I recommend removing the door and laying it on a stable surface while you look over your hardware. While it's out, check the pivot block, which should look like our 21-212.

Once you have all the new hardware installed, you can put the door back in by first inserting the bottom pivot pin in the bottom pivot bracket, the top pivot pin, and then the two guide pins. Go to the rear of the door and adjust the bottom pivot pin with a screw driver so the door will operate smoothly. Hopefully this helps.
Bi-fold Door Repairs
Bi-fold Door Repairs
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.