Old National hanging closet door with large plastic cog

A home owner from Minnesota says:
possibly from 1966

National inscribed along outer edge of closet facing surface of plastic cog

Sterling, Ill inscribed on closet facing edge of plastic cog

raise / lower and accompanying arrows inscribed on edge of closet facing edge of plastic cog

numbers on metal bracket

front 1-3/8" rear 3/4"
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_7868.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_7866.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_7867.jpeg
thought a better picture of the plastic cog would help
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_7873.jpg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

This is definitely an old part, but it reminds me of our more modern 23-024 and 23-025. Are the old wheels 7/8" diameter? If so, you may be able to get one of these to work as a replacement.

It looks like they are a 1/16 shy of a full 3/4 in diameter would either of those suggestions still work? Should i measure the existing track to see if a newer wheel would fit?
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named diameter fo wheel.jpg
Profile picture of Tom

That's cutting it a little close, but I still think these are our best options. I cannot guarantee that they'll work but I'm not sure what else will replace this old National part.

The only other option we have is a new bypass track kit like our 23-500, 23-501, 23-502, and 23-503. You would use these to replace your entire track and roller setup.

I'm sorry that we couldn't offer you a better option for this door.

Ok, thank you. Last question this closet measures out to be less than four feet, I should be able to cut the track but would this cause any issues, would I be cutting off mounting holes in the track?
Profile picture of Tom

That is possible, and it does happen in my experience. You would have to drill new mounting holes for the shorter size.

Thank you for all your feedback, I will order the whole set up right now. Many Thanks
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 4-7 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at 856-317-6263 or at help@swisco.com.