insulation for bottom of window double hung

A home owner from Portland Oregon says:
I am looking for a product to put on the bottom part of the window sash for a double hung window. This are new replacement sash windows for a 1928 home. The sills are old and the seal between the bottom of the window meeting the sill is not tight and in the winter cold air is felt at the bottom of the window. Can you suggest a product to put on the bottom of the window so we can get a tight fit between the bottom of the window and the sill. I see you show many products like gray wool pile or bubble products. What would work best and can be attached to the window bottom? Thanks Diane Furber
Profile picture of Donna
Donna from SWISCO responded:
Wool pile such as the 58-161 is for replacing an already existing weatherstrip, it slides into a channel in the window extrusion. If you are replacing old weatherstrip with new, measure the original and match up to a product as close as possible.

If you are looking for a product for new application the 58-026 has an adhesive backing.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)