need a thicker storm window corner

A handy person from Oregon says:
I need some help.

I'm looking for corner key replacements for storm window frames, I thought Swisco's 95-192 might work but they're just too small and too short. I'm freezing to death so before I buy a handful of each to try to find one that fits I thought you may be able to steer me in the right direction.

I'm attaching photos. There are markings on the corner key if they mean anything to you? I couldn't find any other markings on the frames themselves. It looks like 5/16" square and 1.5" long. Also attaching a pic of your 1/4" next to it.

Thanks for your help!
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Amber Daggett 3.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Amber Daggett 2.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Amber Daggett 1.jpeg
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:

You have a very old storm window. I think this corner key you need is no longer available. You might want to consider new storms or a vinyl replacement window. 

However, what I have done in the past to repair storm window main frames like this was to use the 20-012 pack along with a sheet metal type screw like the 33-071. These corners can be installed on the bottom of the main frame track without interfering with the outside glass storm panel because your outside glass panel is normally at the top of the main frame of the storm window. 

We do have the 95-254 die cast corner key, but you would also have to adapt that to your main frame. I don't think it will fit as-is. If you don't want to get an all new storm window, and if you're handy, then I think that the 20-012 is your best bet.

Thanks for the advice!
Unfortunately I have the same storm windows on every window in the house and the others are still functional so I'd like to try to repair this one. I think I'll try a combo of the 20-012 and the 95-254. Can you tell me how long the legs are for the 95-254? Thanks again!
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

I don't have that information off of the top of my head, unfortunately. We're all working from home due to the quarantine but I can get someone to drive up to the warehouse today and measure it for you. I should tell you now, though, that the length of the leg on these doesn't usually matter. The frame is hollow all the way through so length shouldn't come into play.

Thanks for checking!

The original corners are screwed into the frame and I was planning to screw through the frame and into the die cast leg to keep it from sliding since its not the exact size and will be loose in the frame. The first round of corners I purchased weren't long enough to reach the pre drilled holes and I was hoping not to have to add more. The 3rd pic shows the 2 corners side by side and where the screw is located.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Hello! Someone just went in this morning and reported back that the leg on the 95-254 is 1-3/8". Please let me know if you had any other questions.

Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.